Lisa Laughy – Archives Assistant
Just in time for the Fourth Form research paper assignments, Ohrstrom Library staff members have prepared an online research guide to help you through the process. The Fourth Form Paper Research Guide has been added to the Ohrstrom Blog and contains key information, such as:
- A list of reference books in the library that are chocked full of primary source materials
- A list of reference books in the library that feature chronologies and timelines
- Search strategies for finding other books on your topic
- Tips on finding periodical articles in magazines, newspapers, scholarly journals, reports, and more
- A list of librarian approved web resources for accessing photos, census data, artwork, video and other documents
You can access this research guide by clicking HERE. There are also permanent links in the blog sidebar under the “Research Guides” list heading, a link in the fly-out menu of the Ohrstrom Library website under “Research > Research Guides”, and a link on the Ohrstrom Library main page in Blackboard (Click on “Ohrstrom Library” in your course list).
This research guide will be your best friend over the next few weeks, so be sure to bookmark it and visit it often throughout the research phase of the assignment. For additional research assistance contact Ms. Sanborn or any of the Ohrstrom Library Staff.