Honor & Respect: The Official Guide to Names, Titles & Forms of Address by Robert Hickey, The Protocol School of Washington, 2008.
Find it in Ohrstrom at: REF 395.4 H52H
A handy guide, useful when introducing an individual, addressing a letter or referring to another person in a conversation. Focus is on U.S. terms and usage although end chapters include country names and corresponding officials.
• DV – is an acronym for distinguished visitor
• Elector – is a person who is eligible to vote in an election
• Envoy – is any senior diplomat
• Rector – is an administrator at an academic or religious institution
• RHIP – is an acronym for Rank Has Its Privileges
• Prior – is a religious rank directly beneath abbot
Helpful for: Letter writing, Chapel speeches, Formal Dinner Parties, Introductions
Leave a Reply