Welcome back! Looking for a creative outlet to get your brain power flowing again? Celebrate National Poetry Month by making book spine poetry at the library. Stack books so that their titles, from top to bottom, create a poem.
On the main floor, Mrs. Kittler has set up an interactive display where you can view and contribute to our spine poetry collection – check it out!
Here’s my rather free-verse example, which features some of our shiny new arrivals:
To capture what we cannot keep.
(Click on the lines above to visit each book’s website.)
5 Tips for Spine Poetry Success:
- Look online for inspiration. School Library Journal’s website has galleries to get you started.
- Flip through our poetry collection. See this previous blog post for a few noteworthy anthologies.
- Stop by the children’s section on the main floor for fun and quirky titles.
- No time to roam the stacks? Use Ohrstrom’s online catalog to narrow down lines for your poem by subject, title, or author.
- Head over to the display to see what others came up with. Then add your own creation!
Leave a Reply