By Lura Sanborn - Research & Instruction Librarian January 27th, 2010
Chronology of American History by John C. Fredriksen, Facts on File, 2008.
Find it in Ohrstrom at: REF 973 F87C
A lengthy, four-volume, chronology spanning American History 1400s-2007. Some events are given a brief mention (1-2 sentences) while others are discussed in more detail (2-3 paragraphs).
Find a place in time and read about:
- Hannah Dustin
- Business, Religion
- Military and Slavery issues in 1703
- Music in 1946 (one of the year’s most popular tunes was “Ole Buttermilk Sky”)
- The Cold War
Scan political and business highlights from 2004 and find:
- Democrats nominate John Kerry SPS ’62 for President
- U.S. Supreme Court upholds Pennsylvania’s 2002 redistricting plan
- Dow Jones closes the year at 10,783.01
Helpful for: Humanities IV, Humanities IV Research Paper, American History, Topic Finding