Miller’s House

By - Library Web Services / Archives Assistant April 20th, 2017

An early photo – taken prior to 1878 – of the original Miller’s house that gave Millville its name. Located on the site of the Sheldon, Miller’s House was moved in 1892 to its current location on Dunbarton Road. Read more about it by clicking HERE.

View in Instagram ⇒

Save

Save

Save

The Pulpit in the New Chapel

By - Library Web Services / Archives Assistant April 13th, 2017

 

The pulpit in the New Chapel was a gift to the Form of 1887. It is ornately carved with the symbols of the four Evangelists, the School shield, and the School symbol – the pelican.

View in Instagram ⇒

Save

Save

Save

Save

1883: Crew, Cricket and Cross-Country

By - Library Web Services / Archives Assistant April 6th, 2017

 

This carving by John Gregory Wiggins commemorates the St. Paul’s School Form of 1883. The top of the plaque shows one of the six-oared shells that were raced on Long Pond that year. The “Veritas” shield celebrates a cricket victory over Harvard. The hound and hare represent a vigorous twelve mile cross-country race around the school grounds run by most of the students – the winner receiving bragging rights for a whole year!

Read more about this image by clicking HERE.

 

View in Instagram ⇒

Save

Save

Save

Going to Concord

By - Library Web Services / Archives Assistant March 2nd, 2017

 

A group of St. Paul’s School student prepare to take a trip to Concord via horse-drawn sleigh in this photograph from 1890. The building in the background is the Rectory.

View in Instagram ⇒

Save

Save

Save

Hockey players on Lower School Pond, 1916

By - Library Web Services / Archives Assistant February 2nd, 2017

 

A photo of SPS hockey players on Lower School Pond – a game against Exeter that took place in February of 1916, won by SPS 10-3.

View in Instagram ⇒

Save

Save

Save

Save

Next »