By Lisa Laughy - Library Web Services / Archives Assistant September 7th, 2016
Ohrstrom Library has had a very busy summer! While you were away, the building was renovated on all three floors as well as to the exterior. Here is a list of changes and improvements made:
- A new access ramp has been constructed at the front entrance
- The main stairwell has been completely redesigned and a glass doorway has been added on the lower level
- The Baker Reading Room will have new furniture installed by the beginning of October
- Glass doors have been added to the Pillsbury and Reference room entrances on the main level and the Fine Arts Room and Shakespeare Room on the upper level
- The open spaces between the Pillsbury Room ceiling and the Fine Arts Room floor have been sealed to create quieter study areas
- The lower level print book collection is now installed in user-accessible compact shelving
- Major renovations to the archives include the addition of compact shelving, the replacement of the “cage” with walls, and a new glass access door
- The Penner CIT conference room has been converted into an office space for the newly created position of Director of Institutional Research
- The lower level lobby has been renovated to extend the wood paneling from the stairwell throughout the lobby
An exhibit documenting the construction is on display at the front desk of the library, and features a slide show of photographs taken over the summer.
The slide show is also visible on the Ohrstom Library Flickr account by clicking the image on the left or the link HERE.
The final aspects of the renovations will be completed in the next few weeks, so please excuse any disruptions while the work is finishing up.
- See more in these categories: Library News