New Dunbarton Road Bridge Construction


The bridge over Turkey River during construction as part of the New Dunbarton Road project. Construction on the road began in July of 1919 and the road was opened for use on June 2, 1920.

Maurice Burke Roche, Lord Fermoy, Form of 1905, gave this stone arched bridge to the school.  It was designed by R. Clipston Sturgis, Form of 1876, who served for many years as chairman of the School’s architectural advisory committee.

Browse similar entries using these tags:

Additional Information:

Click HERE for detailed copyright information about this item.

"New Dunbarton Road Bridge Construction." St. Paul's School. Ohrstrom Library Digital Archives. Web. 21 July 2024.