The photograph features students identified as members of the first Shattuck crew of 1881:
Standing (left to right):
Trowbridge: Clarence Mortimer Trowbridge attended St. Paul’s School from 1875 to 1881 and is a member of the Form of 1881.
S. B. Peck: Staunton Bloodgood Peck attended St. Paul’s School from 1878 to 1882 and is a member of the Form of 1881. The Autumn 1950 issue of the Alumni Horae (pg. 129) included this information about Peck:
Staunton Bloodgood Peck, inventor and retired vice-president and director of the Link Belt Company, Philadelphia, was connected with this company during his entire business and professional career.
Seated (left to right):
W. D. McCrakan: William Denison McCrackan attended St. Paul’s School from 1878 to 1882 and is a member of the Form of 1881. He was also a member of the faculty from 1886 to 1887.
W. H. Foster: William Hamilton Foster attended St. Paul’s School from 1876 to 1883 and is a member of the Form of 1881. He was a member of the faculty from 1883 to 1928. According to the Summer 2005 Alumni Horae Walking Tour supplement, Foster House was built in 1902 as a home by then Vice Rector William Hamilton Foster. It became a dormitory in 1929 and was enlarged and renovated in 1995.
Browse similar entries using these tags:
Form Year: 1881
Rectorship: 1856-1895: First Rector H. A. Coit Years
Creator: Kimball, Willis G. C.
Collection: 0005 - Photographs: Other Personal Albums
Click HERE for detailed copyright information about this item.
Kimball, Willis G. C. "First Shattuck 1881." St. Paul's School. Ohrstrom Library Digital Archives. Web. 24 Apr. 2017.