By Lisa Laughy - Library Web Services / Archives Assistant April 30th, 2009
Lisa Laughy – Archives Assistant
Just in time for the Fifth Form Humanities research paper assignments, Ohrstrom Library staff members have prepared an online research guide to help you through the process. The Fifth Form Paper Research Guide has been added to the Ohrstrom Blog and contains key information, such as:
- A list of reference books in the library that can help you find a topic
- Step-by-Step guide to the research process
- Search strategies for finding periodical articles in magazines, newspapers, scholarly journals, reports, and more
- A list of librarian approved web resources for accessing photos, artwork, video and other documents and primary sources
- A link to our Delicious account where you can access more, newly added librarian approved web resources
You can access this research guide by clicking HERE. There are also permanent links in the blog sidebar under the “Research Guides” list heading, a link in the fly-out menu of the Ohrstrom Library website under “Research > Research Guides”, and a link on the Ohrstrom Library main page in Blackboard (Click on “Ohrstrom Library” in your course list).
This research guide will be your best friend over the next few weeks, so be sure to bookmark it and visit it often throughout the research phase of the assignment. For additional research assistance contact Ms. Sanborn or any of the Ohrstrom Library Staff.