By Lisa Laughy - Library Web Services / Archives Assistant September 7th, 2012
Welcome to students just beginning their St. Paul’s School experience, and welcome back to those of you with familiar faces. We look forward to greeting all new faculty and staff as well. The crisp excitement of the new school year is in the air, eagerly blowing across Lower School Pond and up the steps of Ohrstrom Library. There will be much that is reassuringly familiar when you come into the library, but you will also discover much that is refreshingly new.
New additions include:
- Thousands of new eBook titles including 14,000 from Project Muse
- Digitized National Geographic Archive 1888-1994
- Five streaming BBC Shakespeare plays from Ambrose Video
- A collection of Global Newspapers, updated daily
- New book return built into the exterior of Ohrstrom Library’s entryway for convenient after-hours access
- Enlarged study hall capacity and new group study space created in the reconfigured Bound Periodicals Room
- Expanded international film holdings and the continued conversion of the VHS collection to DVD format
- New Facebook page for the Ohrstrom Library Digital Archives
- Newly cleaned and restored oil painting of John G. Winant now on permanent display in St. Paul’s School Archives
Unchanged is the commitment of the Ohrstrom Library staff to providing the best academic resources possible to St. Paul’s School students, faculty and staff. Welcome back to your library. – Kevin Barry, Library Director.
Photo courtesy of Bob Rettew ’69
- See more in these categories: Library News