In this photograph is the Big Study, originally located between the Old and New Chapels, across from the Rectory. The Old Chapel can be seen behind and to the left of the Big Study. The Big Study was built in 1872-73, was enlarged in 1888 and remodeled in 1937, and then burned down in a spectacular fire on the bitterly cold night of January 21, 1961. This photo also shows some of the many elm trees that were planted along Rectory Road before they were destroyed by Dutch elm disease.
"Big Study" is part of the following exhibit(s):
Browse similar entries using these tags:
Form Year: 1894
Rectorship: 1856-1895: First Rector H. A. Coit Years
Creator: Hastings, Theodore Mitchell
Date Created: 1890
Collection: 0005 - Photographs: Other Personal Albums
Click HERE for detailed copyright information about this item.
Hastings, Theodore Mitchell. 1890. "Big Study." St. Paul's School. Ohrstrom Library Digital Archives. Web. 28 Mar. 2017.