The following description was written by John Gregory Wiggins in the June 6, 1929 edition of the Horae Scholasticae:
This year was marked by the first regular track meet on the lower grounds, as indicated at the top of the shield. In the corners are two bibliophiles poring over their books, in memory of the Library Association which came into being at this period. The first double scull race took place in this year, and such a crew is depicted on the lower part of the shield, rowing past the two new boathouses which were also built at this time.
"Form Plaque: 1874" is part of the following exhibit(s):
Browse similar entries using these tags:
Persons: Wiggins, John Gregory
Building: Coit (The New Upper)
Form Year: 1874
Collection: 0001 - Photographs: General Collection
Click HERE for detailed copyright information about this item.
"Form Plaque: 1874." St. Paul's School. Ohrstrom Library Digital Archives. Web. 23 Mar. 2017.