This unattributed description, most likely written by John Gregory Wiggins, appeared in the Spring 1932 edition of the Alumni Horae:
This year is commemorated by four small shields. In the upper left we have a dragon pierced by the sword of St. Paul, marking the victory of the School Eleven over St. George’s Cricket Club. The breaking of the footbridge over the School Pond is shown on the other side. The little steamer Penacook made its last appearance on the Pond this year, and a series of astronomical lectures was delivered during the year.
Click HERE to access a PDF of the Alumni Horae article.
"Form Plaque: 1877" is part of the following exhibit(s):
Browse similar entries using these tags:
Persons: Wiggins, John Gregory
Building: Coit (The New Upper)
Form Year: 1877
Collection: 0001 - Photographs: General Collection
Click HERE for detailed copyright information about this item.
"Form Plaque: 1877." St. Paul's School. Ohrstrom Library Digital Archives. Web. 24 Mar. 2017.