New Cloister Construction

 

A photograph of the early stage of the construction of the New Cloister built to connect the New Chapel with the Big Study, very likely taken in 1919.  The completed cloister was dedicated on October 16, 1920.

The June 1, 1920 issue of the Horae Scholasticae reported the progress on the project:

As we go to press, labor on the Cloister has been resumed, with, for these days, the greatest possible vigor.  The stone arches have been put into place, the walls between are rising, the steps in front are set; the work glows. While there is not the slightest expectation of having the Cloister ready for Anniversary, there is , we are informed, good reason to hope that it will be complete and usable, by the beginning of next year.



Browse similar entries using these tags:



Additional Information:

Click HERE for detailed copyright information about this item.

"New Cloister Construction." St. Paul's School. Ohrstrom Library Digital Archives. Web. 21 Aug. 2017.



  • Comments(0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *