This photo shows the original library at St. Paul’s School, located in the Big Study.
This description, from Arthur Stanwood Pier’s St. Paul’s School, 1855 – 1934, speaks of faculty member the Rev. Hall Harrison’s role in establishing the first official library at SPS:
Mr. Harrison secured a large new classroom for the library, had open shelves built in it, made a campaign for the purchase and gifts of many new books, and saw that the tables in the middle of the room were supplied with illustrated papers and magazines. Under his enthusiastic and energetic administration the interest of the boys in the library and in reading increased enormously.
"Original Library" is part of the following exhibit(s):
Browse similar entries using these tags:
Persons: Harrison, Hall
Time Frame: 1870s
Rectorship: 1856-1895: First Rector H. A. Coit Years
Collection: 0001 - Photographs: General Collection
This item is part of: The Drury Albums
Click HERE for detailed copyright information about this item.
"Original Library." St. Paul's School. Ohrstrom Library Digital Archives. Web. 28 Mar. 2017.