When it was dedicated in 1951, the Payson Memorial Science Building was considered one of the finest among preparatory schools for the study of science. A gift of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Shipman Payson in memory of their son Daniel Carroll Payson ’43, who was killed in action during World War II, the building served as a teaching space and laboratory for the St. Paul’s School community for over half a century until it was razed in December of 2012. The carved wooden commemorative plaque that was displayed over Payson’s front door now graces the entry way of the new Lindsay Center for Mathematics and Science.
"Payson Memorial Science Building" is part of the following exhibit(s):
Browse similar entries using these tags:
Form Year: 1943
Rectorship: 1947-1954: Sixth Rector Kittredge Years
Click HERE for detailed copyright information about this item.
"Payson Memorial Science Building." St. Paul's School. Ohrstrom Library Digital Archives. Web. 28 Mar. 2017.