This photograph shows a class at work in the biological laboratory where Fourth Form students took classes in Biology. The School purchased the equipment necessary for this course, including a modern lecture table, individual labor tables, and a compound microscope for each student. It was Dr. Drury’s view that the study of science should be a component of every student’s education at SPS. This included not only the course in Biology but also a general science course requirement for Second and Third Form students.
"Westinghouse Laboratory: Biology Lab" is part of the following exhibit(s):
Browse similar entries using these tags:
Persons: Westinghouse, George
Rectorship: 1895-1906: Second Rector J. H. Coit Years
This item is part of: The Drury Albums
Click HERE for detailed copyright information about this item.
"Westinghouse Laboratory: Biology Lab." St. Paul's School. Ohrstrom Library Digital Archives. Web. 28 Mar. 2017.