This photo is of the Form plaque carving for 1865 on display in the Coit Upper Dining Hall that was completed by woodcarver John Gregory Wiggins sometime between November of 1922 and May of 1923.
The following description of the design was written by Wiggins in the June 7, 1923 edition of the Horae Scholasticae:
In the upper right is Abraham Lincoln; in the upper left, Appomattox Courthouse. The lower part of the shield shows “Stars and Stripes” and “Stars and Bars” crossed.
"Form Plaque: 1865" is part of the following exhibit(s):
Browse similar entries using these tags:
Persons: Wiggins, John Gregory
Building: Coit (The New Upper)
Form Year: 1865
Collection: 0001 - Photographs: General Collection
Click HERE for detailed copyright information about this item.
"Form Plaque: 1865." St. Paul's School. Ohrstrom Library Digital Archives. Web. 23 Apr. 2017.