This unattributed description, most likely written by John Gregory Wiggins, appeared in the Spring 1932 edition of the Alumni Horae:
Three small coats of arms are found at the top of the shield, one to recall the victory over Groton in debating, one the installing of the Knox Memorial organ, and the Isthmian shield to record the first Isthmian championship in football in nineteen years. In the lower section of the shield we have a German eagle with a tome on either side, to record the memorial German library in Mr. Spanhoofd’s old quarters. Around the shield is twined the feathered serpent of the Aztecs to remind us of the lecture on Central American archeology by Mr. Morley.
Click HERE to access a PDF of the Alumni Horae article.
"Form Plaque: 1930" is part of the following exhibit(s):
Browse similar entries using these tags:
Building: Coit (The New Upper)
Form Year: 1930
Rectorship: 1911-1938: Fourth Rector Drury Years
Collection: 0001 - Photographs: General Collection
Click HERE for detailed copyright information about this item.
"Form Plaque: 1930." St. Paul's School. Ohrstrom Library Digital Archives. Web. 23 Mar. 2017.