Built in 1889 during the Rectorship of the Reverend Dr. Henry Augustus Coit, the old laboratory, located near the gas house, site of the present day Post Office, hosted the School’s first science classes. A modest edifice, it was converted into a boys’ workshop in 1904 and eventually torn down in 1929 for construction of a dining hall.
"Old Laboratory" is part of the following exhibit(s):
Browse similar entries using these tags:
Rectorship: 1856-1895: First Rector H. A. Coit Years
Click HERE for detailed copyright information about this item.
"Old Laboratory." St. Paul's School. Ohrstrom Library Digital Archives. Web. 24 Apr. 2017.