This photograph, originally part of an unknown album, features two students standing on the fence lining Rectory Road. The New Chapel is in the background, near completion, with piles of construction debris on the ground near the foundation. The two students are identified as “Emmet” and “Perkins”. The date has been cut, so we know the photograph was taken in November, but not the year. It most likely dates from November of 1887, since the roof itself wasn’t begun until after May of that year.
“Perkins” is Frederick Curtis Perkins, who attended St. Paul’s School from 1885 to 1890 and is a member of the Form of 1889. “Emmet” could be either Richard Stockton Emmet Jr., Form of 1888, or William Temple Emmet, Form of 1887.
"The New Chapel: Emmet and Perkins" is part of the following exhibit(s):
Browse similar entries using these tags:
Persons: Perkins, Frederick Curtis
Time Frame: 1880s
Form Year: 1889
Rectorship: 1856-1895: First Rector H. A. Coit Years
Collection: 0001 - Photographs: General Collection
Click HERE for detailed copyright information about this item.
"The New Chapel: Emmet and Perkins." St. Paul's School. Ohrstrom Library Digital Archives. Web. 24 Mar. 2017.