A black and white photograph of Scudder House, a reproduction of Shute Cottage that was built in 1940 as a memorial to Willard Scudder. The original Shute Cottage was built before the Revolutionary War and was purchased in 1865 by Dr. George Cheney Shattuck, Founder of St. Paul’s School. Willard Scudder lived in Shute Cottage during his time as a teacher at St. Paul’s School. The Willard Scudder Memorial Committee raised the funds necessary to build a replica of the original Shute Cottage that is currently used as a guest house for visitors to the School.
Browse similar entries using these tags:
Persons: Scudder, Willard
Building: Scudder House
Time Frame: 1940s
Rectorship: 1939-1947: Fifth Rector Nash Years
Collection: 0001 - Photographs: General Collection
This item is part of: The Drury Albums
Click HERE for detailed copyright information about this item.
"Scudder House." St. Paul's School. Ohrstrom Library Digital Archives. Web. 23 Mar. 2017.