A reprint of an architectural plan created by the Godwin Thompson & Patterson Architectural firm in New York City. The original Shute Cottage was built before the Revolutionary War and was purchased in 1865 by Dr. George Cheney Shattuck, Founder of St. Paul’s School. Willard Scudder lived in Shute Cottage during his time as a teacher at St. Paul’s School. The Willard Scudder Memorial Committee raised the funds necessary to build a replica of the original Shute Cottage in 1940 that is currently used as a guest house for visitors to the School.
Browse similar entries using these tags:
Rectorship: 1939-1947: Fifth Rector Nash Years
Collection: 0001 - Photographs: General Collection
Click HERE for detailed copyright information about this item.
Godwin Thompson & Patterson Architects. 1937. "Plans for the Restoration of the Shute Cottage." St. Paul's School. Ohrstrom Library Digital Archives. Web. 29 Apr. 2017.