The Shattuck Crew Team of 1911

By - Library Web Services / Archives Assistant May 18th, 2017

The Shattuck crew team of 1911 on the boathouse dock with Long Pond behind them. SPS Alums everywhere are dusting off their old crew blazers in preparation for Anniversary Weekend – only two weeks away! #ohrstromlibrary #ohrstromlibrarydigitalarchives #shattuck #boating #boatingclub #crew #1911 #crewblazer #boatingblazer #anniversary #anniversaryweekend #throwback #throwbackthursday #tbt #iamsps

The Shattuck crew team of 1911 on the boathouse dock with Long Pond behind them. SPS Alums everywhere are dusting off their old crew blazers in preparation for Anniversary Weekend – only two weeks away! Read more about this photo by clicking HERE.

 

View in Instagram ⇒

Save

Save

Save

William Dwight Chandler, Form of 1880

By - Library Web Services / Archives Assistant May 4th, 2017

Here is a cabinet card portrait of William Dwight Chandler, a St. Paul’s School student from 1875-1881, for #throwbackthursday . A few years after graduating he became the publisher of the Concord Monitor and later in life was the Postmaster of Concord, NH. He is shown here with his high wheel bicycle – a very popular item at SPS during that time. #ohrstromlibrary #ohrstromlibrarydigitalarchives #spshistory #iamsps #throwback #tbt #pennyfarthing #highweel #bicycle #highwheelbicycle #williamdwightchandler #formof1880 #concordnh #concord #concordmonitor @concordmonitor #postmaster #cabinetcard #kimballstudio

Here is a cabinet card portrait of William Dwight Chandler, St. Paul’s School student from 1875-1881, for Throwback Thursday. A few years after graduating he became the publisher of the Concord Monitor and later in life was the Postmaster of Concord, NH. He is shown here with his high wheel bicycle – a very popular item at SPS during that time.

View in Instagram ⇒

Save

Save

Save

Save

Miller’s House

By - Library Web Services / Archives Assistant April 20th, 2017

An early photo – taken prior to 1878 – of the original Miller’s house that gave Millville its name. Located on the site of the Sheldon, Miller’s House was moved in 1892 to its current location on Dunbarton Road. Read more about it by clicking HERE.

View in Instagram ⇒

Save

Save

Save

The Pulpit in the New Chapel

By - Library Web Services / Archives Assistant April 13th, 2017

 

The pulpit in the New Chapel was a gift to the Form of 1887. It is ornately carved with the symbols of the four Evangelists, the School shield, and the School symbol – the pelican.

View in Instagram ⇒

Save

Save

Save

Save

1883: Crew, Cricket and Cross-Country

By - Library Web Services / Archives Assistant April 6th, 2017

 

This carving by John Gregory Wiggins commemorates the St. Paul’s School Form of 1883. The top of the plaque shows one of the six-oared shells that were raced on Long Pond that year. The “Veritas” shield celebrates a cricket victory over Harvard. The hound and hare represent a vigorous twelve mile cross-country race around the school grounds run by most of the students – the winner receiving bragging rights for a whole year!

Read more about this image by clicking HERE.

 

View in Instagram ⇒

Save

Save

Save

Next »