• Archives,  History,  Library News

    Miller’s House

    An early photo - taken prior to 1878 - of the original Miller's house that gave Millville its name. Located on the site of the Sheldon, Miller's House was moved in 1892 to its current location on Dunbarton Road. #ohrstromlibrary #ohrstromlibrarydigitalarchives #iamsps #spshistory #millville #concordnh #millershouse #1870s #throwback #throwbackthursday #tbt

  • Archives,  History,  Library News

    Winter in Millville

    Winter has arrived in Millville! Here is a picture of the Old Chapel in winter for #throwbackthursday . This Kodak No. 2 photograph was taken in 1890 by student Theodore Mitchell Hastings, SPS Form of 1894. #ohrstromlibrary #ohrstromlibrarydigitalarchives #oldchapel #millville #chapelofstpaul #winter #snowfall #spshistory #iamsps

  • Library News

    Shiver

    And appropriate title for a book display today as the first snow of the season gently falls on Lower School Pond outside of Baker Reading Room. #ohrstromlibrary #snowfall #shiver #maggiestiefvater #pointsettia #millville #iamsps #bakerreadingroom @maggie_stiefvater

  • Archives,  History

    Sheldon Library, 1916.

    Before Ohrstrom Library there was Sheldon Library - this photograph was taken 100 years ago across Library pond. It is from a personal album of photos taken around Concord, NH. #ohrstromlibrary #ohrstromlibrarydigitalarchives #tbt #tbthursday #throwbackthursday #throwback #library #librariesofinstagram #sheldon #sheldonlibrary #millville #concordnh #iamsps #spshistory

  • Archives

    From the Archives: Millville Memories on Display

    David Levesque – Technical Services Librarian / Archivist From the earliest days, almost from the School’s founding in 1856, members of the SPS community have documented their lives and the life of the School through diaries, letters and memoirs. The SPS Archives holds many examples of this living history, giving us a glimpse into the School as it was and as it has evolved over the years. The Rural Record, for example, is a daily handwritten journal begun in 1857 and continued by various faculty members for almost fifty years.  The daily happenings of the School, both momentous and mundane, including the temperature and weather conditions taken at three different…