This photograph shows the New Chapel looking toward the choir. The section of the Chapel that leads up to the pulpit is traditionally called the choir, even though the actual choir itself sits in the area near the organ in the chancel.
This early interior view shows the Chapel prior to the addition of the west door in 1928, which is now located behind the baptismal font in this photograph. The large window in the center of the photograph has lightly tinted “cathedral glass” in it, letting in an abundance of light. The first of the stained glass windows in this section of the Chapel was installed in 1888 – the Nativity window located over the Rector’s stall. Only one stained glass window was in place at the time of the consecration, June 5, 1888, located over the organ console in the chancel.
"Interior of the New Chapel" is part of the following exhibit(s):
Browse similar entries using these tags:
Rectorship: 1856-1895: First Rector H. A. Coit Years
Collection: 0001 - Photographs: General Collection
Click HERE for detailed copyright information about this item.
Kimball. "Interior of the New Chapel." St. Paul's School. Ohrstrom Library Digital Archives. Web. 24 Apr. 2017.